Work Experience Program
Our Work Experience Program provides university students with a minimum of 8 weeks unpaid work experience over their summer break (November 2018 to February 2019). Our program is open to university students in their penultimate year of studies, whose tertiary qualifications are aligned to our core capabilities. Students are exposed to a broad range of engineering capabilities and a wide range of innovative projects that are aimed to develop and reinforce their skills and competencies. Recent projects include:
- Beehive Monitoring – Remote monitoring of New Zealand beehives, applying remote sensors and LAN, Iridium Edge SATCOM device, with two10degrees Global Alerting Platform as the user interface.
- Daintree Rainforest Power Issue – Apply systems engineering to explore the environmental, social and political issues around the consumption of 3 million tonnes of diesel per year, with an aim to propose an alternative power solution with global potential.
- UAS Traffic Management (UTM) Route Scheduling & Visualisation – Develop route scheduling algorithm for UTM in urban environment, addressing UAS safe separation, route optimisation, and geospatial representation.
- Data Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) – Apply machine learning to develop object detection algorithms for vehicle detection in image-based data collected from ground (fixed) and air (UAS) sensors.
- SLS-SA Capability Analysis – Support Surf Life Saving SA’s Technology Plan development via Capability Needs Analysis, using swimmer safety as a focus, but broadening to any problem space within SLSSA.
- Joint Force Capability Design – Apply Model Based Systems Engineering to the combined capability of the RAN’s Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Task Group.
A great proportion of the work we do is in the Defence environment and requires an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) security clearance. Whilst students under work experience placement will not be working on classified projects, our building security requirements generally require Australian Citizenship as a minimum.
If you would like to register for our upcoming Work Experience Program, please apply using the link provided – sending your resume and a copy of your academic transcript. Applications close 30th June 2018.
A member of our team will be in touch.